MI Petro Construction & Supply located at 4330-116 t Ave SE, Calgary, AB, T2Z 3Z9 has a full time and permanent vacancy for Petroleum Technician.
• The position require travel in Calgary, Ottawa, Toronto and Winnipeg. The incumbent must be willing to spent 1-3 weeks away from home on a construction site.
• Travel the majority of the time is by Hwy with HD trucks hauling equipment trailers
• Planning of jobs
• Installation of fuel pump dispensers, piping and storage tanks (above and underground)
• Removal fuel pump dispensers, piping and storage tanks
• Must be able to read blue prints of the industry
• Removal and installation of suction pumps, dispensers & Fueling systems
• Removal and installation of submersible pumps
• Leak detection and fault finding
• Installation of tank monitoring systems
• Fuel pump dispenser maintenance and repair
• Must be able to interpreted the relevant standards and regulations (MI Petro will evaluate this ability with an interview)
• Must be able to use the relevant hand tools such as pipe cutters, ratcheting pipe threaders, drills, angle grinders, power drills, etc.
• Qualified Petroleum Technician PM2 and PM3 or found eligible by the Canadian Petroleum Contractors Association (www.cpaonline.com) to challenge these examinations
• KPS Petro Pipe System Certified Technician
• Franklin Fuel System Certified Technician
• Experience in installing OPW and KPS pipes
• Several years’ experience in the Petroleum installation industry
• Safety conscious
• Proficiency in English language – reading and writing
Wages and Benefits
• CAD $27 per hour
• Medical benefits (drugs, eyeglasses and dental) after 90 days
• Fixed daily per deim costs paid during travel – (shared hotel /motel rooms)
Please send resumes, copies of certificates, education and 3 references to MI Petro Construction & Supply (Attention Jim), 4330-116 t Ave SE, Calgary, AB, T2Z 3Z9 via regular mail, Express Mail or courier. Do not fax or apply via e-mail. Any applications not received in the prescribed manner will not be accepted and will be destroyed.